Friday, April 5, 2013

Tiferet of Gevurah - the beauty or compassionate side of discipline


I am running a little behind but the day isn't over yet!  Today is all about the beauty of discipline or perhaps the compassionate side of discipline.  What could be beautiful about discipline?  Well, perhaps Paul said it best when he said,

"No discipline for the moment seems to be joyful, but painful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."   Hebrews 12:11

The beauty of discipline!  Oh how difficult it is to give up those candy bars and cookies, but oh the beauty of fitting into those smaller sized clothes, am I right girls?   Is it worth the pain?

What about the compassionate side of discipline?  Is there someone in your life, possibly yourself, that you have placed boundaries upon, but you have shown no compassion while setting those boundaries?  Maybe you have wanted to shed some weight, but you have put unreasonable goals upon yourself?  OR do you have an eating disorder?  Do people tell you all the time you are too thin, but you see someone who is fat when you look into the mirror?

Girlfriend, God does not want you to look at yourself any other way than beautiful.  He does not want you to see yourself through the world's eyes and the world has lied to you LONG enough!  If there is no compassion in your boundaries or discipline, you have some serious pain to be dealt with.  I am not trying to be funny or cute.  I love you and God loves you more than you could ever imagine.  If I am talking about you here, you need to know that the causes behind these things are serious issues and they need SERIOUS help.  PLEASE email me if you have no one you can talk to and I will help you find someone that can help you.

I will say this to all my readers, Ladies, there are so many of you who are hurting beyond belief.  I can not tell you how many women have come to me over the last five or so years and just started pouring out their hearts to me.  I have heard story after story about sexual abuse from woman after woman.  Let me just say this for today.....YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  There are thousands of you who have suffered tragic events at the hands of men who are far from Godly men!  And there are people like me who are waiting here with open arms to hold you and help you heal, but most of all there is a heavenly Father who loves you more than you could ever dream.  He has been holding you all along.  I know you have a lot of questions to ask about why then and why didn't He stop it, but that is for another time and that is a part of the healing process.  Today I just want you to know there is someone who cares.  It is time for you to heal, and that process may be painful, but it must occur so you can see the beauty.   The blending of Love and Discipline (boundaries).

You see, the discipline can also be seen as boundaries and there is so much beauty in a boundary, because there is truly a freedom in boundaries.  When you have a boundary all around and you know nothing can get inside to harm you, well, there is FREEDOM!  Freedom to love, see all the beauty and enjoy the life you have without fear!  And that, my friends is a beauty beyond comparison!!!

Until later tonight, Shalom!!!

No comments: