Monday, April 29, 2013

Netzach of Hod - Enduring Humility

I have been out of pocket for the last few days.  I have been to the Windy City of Chicago to do volunteer work with my son's drum corps.  It was the last camp for the guys before their summer move-in and the beginning of drum corps season.  I had no idea how much work goes into fitting uniforms!  I am ready to go back to work in the factory!!!!  I can say this, it was fun; although it was tiring.

I am so far behind I am not sure if I am going to get caught up, but I will try!  Netzach of Hod or Enduring Humility is all about keeping it going even when you don't think you can or even when the temptation to do otherwise is overwhelming.  This weekend was a test for me.  You see, there was absolutely no spiritual influence around me whatsoever.  I was virtually on my own in a foreign world. There were plenty of people I connected with in many ways, but the spiritual aspect was not there.  I knew that I must rely on my Master for instructions and that is not always easy when you are exhausted, hungry and out of sorts in many ways.

Enduring humility is deciding to listen to the master and follow His leading for the long haul.  No matter what the circumstances, it is of the utmost importance that you get plenty of rest and eat regularly.  You also MUST take time to read His Word daily and communicate with Him daily.  If not, you run the risk of separation from Him.

Is He worth the extra effort?  Is your life worth the extra effort?  Only you can make that decision.

Shalom!

No comments: