Monday, August 3, 2015

Gearing Up for a New Year With God




 The soul of one of God's children is likened to a beautiful rose among the thorns of materialism. 
From the Zohar

I am going to do my best to start over with lessons from the weekly Bible reading again.  I desire to teach others the wondrous gems I have been taught for the last four years.  If you deeply desire to know more and more about God, perhaps this is for you.

If you are like me, I am terribly tired of cliches and the latest catch phrases for Christianity.  I long for God's word and to allow IT to change me.  There are far too many people writing books, Bible Studies and developing DVD's and programs with catchy phrases designed to entice us and draw us in, some with a personal agenda.

Please let me say that I do not disagree with many of these people.  They are teaching truth, but why do we feel the need to come up with a memorable phrase when God has done all of that for us in His Word?  I can tell you that learning The Word for the last four years has made THE biggest difference in my life. 

If I am going to try this again and hopefully write so that all can understand, I must begin with some basic concepts and I will try to put out one or two of those basics every day or two.  Please feel free to share these posts with anyone who you know deeply desires to go deeper with our God and His word. 

I would definitely love to tell you how I am not going to say, "God revealed this to me."  What I will tell you is that I have learned these things from my teacher, who learned them from his teacher, who learned them from his teacher.  I will do my best to not give information unless it can be backed up by several sources, no matter how much I might truly wish to.  Accountability is soooo very important and I desire accountability from my teacher and you, my readers. 

The new weekly reading schedule begins in about 9 weeks so I should have ample time to lay down the foundation for those readings.  Please feel free to comment or send me an email if you have questions.  I always encourage questions or comments.  I want this blog to be a safe place for those who have questioned things within the church for years, but were made to feel like an infidel if they asked.  If you have found condemnation other places, I want you to find love here.  Remember there are no stupid questions.  I may not have an immediate answer for you, but I will find one if it exists. 

My goal is to bring you along with me as I approach the throne of God, one step at a time.  I desire that you grow closer to the Creator as you journey with me. 

I will leave you with one tidbit for today:

               What is the kingdom of heaven?  Where is it and when does it start??? 

Shalom, my friend, Shalom!
                       

No comments: