Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Starting Point




            I know those of you who know me will probably wonder why I am starting a blog when there are hundreds of thousands of blogs on the internet.  Well my answer is this, I want to use this blog as a teaching tool to reach people from coast to coast.  I am locked into my little corner, unable to go from state to state teaching the wonderful things I am being taught, but I can certainly pass along these wonderful insights and truths via the internet and I felt the best avenue for that was in a blog. 

                I know that many of my friends on facebook and in my life are questioning the church and the teachings of it along with things about life in general right now.  I have reached an age in my life where I have already been through that phase of questioning and have begun to find many answers.   Although I am only in the beginning stages of this education myself, I feel the need to share what I am learning along with the need to mentor others. 

                I am unsure how often I will update the blog, but hopefully it will be done at least weekly if not every couple of days.  I know that your time, like mine, is valuable so I intend to keep each one to no more than 2 pages and hopefully 1 page so that you will have time to read it and absorb what I have to teach. 

                The things I wish to teach will be for some, a breath of fresh air while others will think it is rocking their world.  The most important thing for all of you to remember is this:  pray before reading and let it absorb.  Do not read what I have to say and just think, DISAGREE! And then never read another word.  You will be robbing yourself of a great blessing from the Lord God.  We have to keep our minds clear and be ready to shift our paradigms quite a bit in order to truly understand God’s word clearly and concisely.  What I will be teaching is not my thoughts and ideas.  It is the teachings of my God.

                The one thing I am going to leave you with today is this.  If we are going to take seriously our faith IN Jesus, we must take seriously the faith OF Jesus.  I will let you marinate in that one for a few days.    Peace, my friend!


No comments: